Monday, December 24, 2007

It still feels like yesterday

Its going to be a year now since Harsh and I have been together in the US...and it still feels like it was yesterday. I remember so very clearly the afternoon the plane landed at McNamara from Mumbai via London(my fave city in the world for a lot of reasons...). All excited to meet Harsh, who was, as expected late - people who know him surely know you can expect Harsh to keep you cooling off your heels ! So there I was, a girl full of excitement and anticipation, eager to meet her boyfriend and start a new chapter in her life. After being in a long distance relationship with him for about three years,I was a mixed bag of emotions...excited(to be with him), scared (had left my job, my family and friends), emotional (I had missed him so so very much), nervous(did I look OK...what would he say ? It had been a very long flight and I looked like a mess) and every other emotion one can feel.
I had looked all around the place for him and tried to use the telephone to call him up without luck. The feeling of being in a foreign land, about 20 hours of flight distance between my family and me and all those emotions were not helping me keep my cool...and then in about fifteen minutes I see him walking oh so casually through the door. And now there I was, a girl full of excitement to have conquered every distance to be with the one she loved. When we met, all my mixed feelings were replaced by the calmness and peace he provided...those who know him will know his calm and silent demeanor can be oh so comforting. ..and its going to be a year now since Harsh and I have been together in the US...and it still feels like it was yesterday.

1 comment:

The Power of Silence said...

Simply Snehal...that should have been the name of the Blog.....

Awesome work, articulate, comments that describe the sentiment and the expectation that a girl carries when she comes to this Fairy tale land, with her Man. The blog acquires a certain flow that makes you drool, and at times imagine the fertile mind that the author possesses, and to think of it, she is not an author, but a Graduate Student, that too in Computer Science, where artistic writing is the least of the priorities.

I am soon going to run out of adjectives so let me make this one real simple

This simple girl, who looks like the Queen of fairy land is my sister in law, and I am absolutely privileged to be someone who she remembers and the first thing she says is "MastiKhor Pappu"